Tuesday, June 9, 2009

Less of an 'If' and More of a 'When'

Journal Excerpt:
"July 23: So Landon wants to get married. He said he wants to be with me forever and will wait until I know for sure if it’s the right thing to do. I want to marry him, and I think it’s the right thing. I just have to be sure, and that’s hard to do when we are six hours apart. I’m excited for school to begin again; it’s exhausting, but I miss my friends and Landon especially. He said we could take it slow; I never wanted to be married young. He said we could date this next semester and get married at the end of our sophomore years. We would be so poor; I’m just nervous. I don’t know. Could this be happening? I just keep praying, and I feel so peaceful about it. I just don’t feel like I can know for sure until I’m with him again. Oh dear-good times!"
Landon came to visit me in the beginning of August. I took him to to Kuna Days where we did a lot of talking about the future. He left, and it was great to be able to talk to my parents about the whole situation. My dad sat me down and asked a very memorable question, "Can you imagine your life without him?" My response, "I don't want to." He told me he thought that was a bigger deal than if I had said no. Then I spoke with my mom who asked why I was hesitating in my answer to him. I told her that we were still in school. When she asked what other reasons I had I said that was it (lol). She told me, "That's not good enough." I was shocked. She had always told me that having the word teen in your age when you got married was not allowed. I couldn't believe it.
I e-mailed my roommate who asked how things were going with Landon and I. I told her that it was becoming less of a matter of 'if' we were getting married and more of a matter of 'when.' She called me within ten minutes completely freaking out. I was trying to keep calm but inside I couldn't really believe it either-marriage? It's just such a big deal!
We decided we would meet in Utah before school started, and we would go to Wyoming together, so he could go to my family reunion. I was excited to have him meet everyone and was even more excited that I would see him earlier than I had expected.
Journal Excerpt:
"I know I love him; I know I miss him when he's away. I know I've never cared for anyone like I care for him. I know I want to be with him all the time. I know he's the best guy that I have ever dated. Stressful. :)"

No comments:

Post a Comment