Landon always took me on the most creative dates. Unlike other guys, when I would evade his personal questions, he MADE me give him an answer. He knew more about me than most guys did after years of being together; I was falling for him hard. On one chilly Saturday morning, we went up and got KFC. I had only had it once or twice in my life, but it was delicious! He took me to a pretty lake where we ate and talked. It was perfect. Then we drove up this canyon. When we got to the part of the road was blocked off for snow, we walked up.
I was in a light brown jacket, so he had his arms around me to keep me warm. It was perfect...too perfect. We were talking and laughing when he whispered in my ear, "Could I have the honor of having you as my first kiss?" It was the sweetest thing I had ever heard...but, I was still feeling like things were going fast. Not to mention, it was unexpected, so I answered, "Maybe." "Maybe when?" He asked. "Sometime." I responded. He'll never forgive me for it. He was telling me how mean it was just last week, but I think I would have done it again. Ya gotta make em work for it, right? It was on this date that we took the picture that is on the top of the blog. My mom saw it and said, "Julie, that looks a lot like an engagement picture." I was so embarrassed, but it's kind of true. lol
I was in a light brown jacket, so he had his arms around me to keep me warm. It was perfect...too perfect. We were talking and laughing when he whispered in my ear, "Could I have the honor of having you as my first kiss?" It was the sweetest thing I had ever heard...but, I was still feeling like things were going fast. Not to mention, it was unexpected, so I answered, "Maybe." "Maybe when?" He asked. "Sometime." I responded. He'll never forgive me for it. He was telling me how mean it was just last week, but I think I would have done it again. Ya gotta make em work for it, right? It was on this date that we took the picture that is on the top of the blog. My mom saw it and said, "Julie, that looks a lot like an engagement picture." I was so embarrassed, but it's kind of true. lol
I went home giddy and was telling my roommate about it when the phone rang. It was Landon's cousin Andrea. We had met, but I was a little surprised at the phone call. We giggled and talked until she said, "Julie, I heard about your date tonight." "Yeah?" I said. "Did you duck?" She asked. "What? Duck? He kissed me on the cheek!" "He meant to kiss you on the lips! He thought you ducked cause you didn't want him to kiss you." "Oh my goodness! I totally would have kissed him! I just didn't know!" She assured me she would take care of it and the conversation ended. I was so glad she called. I told my friends on the floor about what happened. That night they made a poster and put it on my door. It read, "Ducky lives here." Ducky became my nickname for the rest of the year. We always had to hide the sign from him and when someone called me it in front of him, we pretended it was because I loved ducks...yeah, I confessed later. But things were back on track, and my 19th birthday was only days away! We had been dating for five weeks now. This was going to be interesting.



No comments:
Post a Comment